Lately my Windows machine starts complaining IP conflict when I use my iPhone or iPad as mobile hotspot, but after I disabled the IPv6 in the particular connection, the problem goes away. Thanks Doug.
To disable IPv6
- Go to Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center
- Click on “Change adapter settings” on the left
- Look for the connection that is relevant to the iPhone connection, double click on it
- Click Properties
- Uncheck the item “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
- OK all the way out, and enjoy the IP conflict free environment again.